Quality care for our patients is our priority. Please review our No-Show Policy and let us know if you have any questions.
A No-Show Appointment is defined as a scheduled appointment in which the patient either:
- Does not arrive to the appointment
- Cancels with less than 24 hours’ notice
- Arrives more than 20 minutes late and is consequently unable to be seen
Impact of a No-Show Appointment to Arthritis and Rheumatism Associates
No Show appointments have a significant negative impact on our practice and the healthcare we provide to our patients. When a patient no-shows a scheduled appointment it:
- Potentially jeopardizes the health of the no-showing patient
- Is unfair and frustrating to other patients that would have taken the appointment slot
- Disrespects not only the physicians’ time, but also the time of the entire clinic staff
How to Avoid Getting a No-Show
1. Confirm your appointment
ARA Jonesboro will attempt to confirm your appointment by phone call or text message beginning the Friday prior to the week of your appointment. If we are unable to speak with you and have to leave a voice message, you will need to contact us by the day prior to the scheduled appointment. If the appointment cannot be confirmed, the appointment may be cancelled. If your appointment is confirmed, and you No-Show, you will be billed a No-Show Fee of $50.00.
2. Arrive 5-10 minutes early
Please allow enough time for you and our staff to address any insurance or billing questions and/or to complete any necessary paperwork before your visit. The physicians try to see you at your appointed time, however, they try to give every patient the time and attention they need and at times may fall behind. Late patients can contribute to the physicians being behind schedule.
3. Give 24 hours’ notice to cancel an appointment
When you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please give us the courtesy of 24 hours’ notice. This allows us a reasonable amount of time to determine the most appropriate way to reschedule your care as well as giving us the opportunity to rebook the now vacant appointment slot with another patient.
Consequences of No-Show Appointments
If you miss 2 or more appointments you may be dismissed from the clinic.
1. Patient dismissal is at the discretion of your physician
2. If you are dismissed from the clinic, your remaining appointments will be cancelled
3. Only emergency treatment will be provided within the first 30 days of dismissal
We hope you understand the intent of our No-Show Policy. Thank you for your cooperation.